Monday, October 28, 2013

The fact is that it is a large-scale, all pass filter long-term fraud data, allowing people and in

Prof. Dr.. DA (Diederik) Stack interim report | Cryptocheilus Weblog
The Commission concluded that the extent all pass filter of the fraud by Mr. Stack is very significant. The Commission all pass filter has already encountered several dozen publications in which use was made of fictitious data [...] How did Mr. Stack able to sustain this? Long [...] The main reason lies in the refined method of Mr. Stack and unashamed use he made of his prestige, prestige and power. A second factor that played was a partial failure of the scientific criticism, the cornerstone of science. The method of Mr. Stack there could easily respond.
The fact is that it is a large-scale, all pass filter long-term fraud data, allowing people and in particular young researchers entrusted to him affected at the beginning of their careers, deeply. all pass filter This is exceptional impropriety which science and in particular the field of Social Psychology is highly prejudiced. This misconduct is to our knowledge unprecedented for a professor in his position.
The last few weeks I have long pondered whether I should respond and, if so, what I have to say. It is difficult to find the right words. The Committee discussed. And now I have and I want to say something, how impossible it is the right thing to say.
I have failed as a scientist, as a researcher. I have adapted and research studies fictitious. Not once, but several times, and not a moment, but for a long time. I realize that my immediate colleagues in bewilderment and anger have left by this behavior and my field, social psychology, have put in a bad light. I'm ashamed of it and I have great regret.
Science is about people, it's teamwork. I really enjoyed the last years of cooperation with many talented, highly motivated colleagues. I attach to emphasize that I have brought my improper behavior. Informed them never I offer my colleagues, my students and the entire academic community my sincere apologies. I am aware of the suffering and sorrow that I have caused to them.
Social psychology is a large, interesting, beautiful and solid discipline, provides unique insights into human behavior and therefore still deserves attention. I made the mistake that I did want to put my hand and wanted to make the world than he is. Slightly nicer truth I have used improper means to make the results. all pass filter Attractive In modern science the ambition all pass filter level is high and the competition for scarce resources tremendously.
This higher pressure has become too much for me in recent years. I have to score, the pressure all pass filter to publish, the pressure to be, getting better not coped. I wanted too much too soon. In a system where there is little control, where people often work alone, I took a wrong turn. I would like to emphasize that the mistakes I've made, not born of self-interest.
I realize that there are a lot of questions. However, my condition does not allow me to answer. I will have to dig to find out why this happened, what has moved me. Deep end I hereby order that I now also got help. Here I want to leave it at this time.
Well, publish or perish. Both so in Stack's case. Very indeed reprehensible, but also sad and perhaps a sign that the pressure to publish may be the quality, without fraud. Detriment in academic circles
I find it bizarre that there seems to be many studies have been invented and that no one has pulled the alarm. Previously It was unusual that the candidates make the questionnaires and the professor then performs the research? I think it's the other way. Or is that in social psychology completely different?
He was dean and therefore all pass filter no one doubted his authority, I also find a kul-argument. There is every university the opportunity to report things like this anonymous (my university in any case). If there is the custom that the PhD students get the database of the professor handed and never see how the database is created, which is obviously asking for trouble ... (And how can you as a PhD student outcomes are behind you?)
The schools could only be approached by Mr. Stack himself, not by other researchers, the schools would otherwise be overwhelmed with such requests and access of Mr. Stack hamper. If no contact is made with schools? From other disciplines (psychiatry) PhD students could not conceive? Normally you would as a PhD student

No comments:

Post a Comment